If you haven’t been able to tell, I LOVE to plan/make lists/schedule things. The only good thing about Monday is it is the day I go get groceries for the week.
Now, keep in mind I am on a budget and try to get as little ingredients as possible but have lots of choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (& snacks).
This weeks grocery list total: $11.76! But, I have some things still from past grocery trips that I can incorporate into my recipes.
Already in the fridge:
- Flax seed
- Pumpkin spice
- Green, yellow, and red peppers.
- Egg Beaters
- Plain Chobani
Today I bought:
- Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- Hunts pre-diced tomatos (oregano, garlic, parsley added) in a can.
- Whole-wheat spaghetti noodles
- Egg white omelette w/ spinach, mozzarella, avocados (or tomatoes)
- Whole-wheat spaghetti w/ pre-diced tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella, olive oil
- Chobani, milk, ice, apple, flaxseed (or banana) smoothie
- Kale (or spinach), apple, ice, chobani, water smoothie.
With a budget & not a ton of time, I tend to double up on recipes.
Therefore, for breakfast I will most likely have one of those smoothies, or cheerios. For lunch, I will have an omelette or a smoothie. For dinner: an omelette or pasta. For snacks: fruit or veggies.
[& I am sure that for a few meals I will be out to eat, so it is important to stay strict so I can enjoy it to the fullest. Therefore, a snack might be a skinny hazelnut latte or dinner might be salmon or lunch might be a veggie sandwich from Subway]