Earlier I had posted how empowering the first of the month can be. I am a huge believer in LITTLE goals. Example: last February my goal was to drink TONS more water. Completed that and it became a habit. & Now almost a year later I still drink tons of water. WAY more than I drank this time last year. & I did that for every month starting in Jan. & each month onto the next goals.
You see, if you make new goals every month and then focus on those, after 21 days (how long it takes to form a habit) then you will have those tiny goals completed and new healthy habits.
Easy examples for beginners:
- Drink at 3 water bottles a day.
- No more pop, not even DIET.
- 30 min. of cardio, 3 times a week.
- An apple or banana as a snack a day. & carrots or celery or other veggie as a snack a day.
- 1/2 the portions that you usually eat.
Each month have new small goals to complete and it is soo much easier to stick to that. AND the best part is, a year later you will have made tons of great healthy lifestyle changes. After all, it isn’t about fast dieting. It’s about creating healthy changes that will last.
- 2 yoga sessions a week.
- 1 Barre class a week.
- 25 squats a day for 2 weeks. Then, 35 for the next 2 weeks. & 30 lounges a day.
- 6 days of cardio a week.
- More green tea. I used to always drink green tea but for some reason haven’t for a few months! Sad.
- Blogwise: it is my second month w/ the blog, this month I will blog more &! blog more about myself. Recipes, pictures, etc.
This list is mostly based off of fitness. I do not really have any specific dietary goals right now, because I feel as though I eat generally really clean & I allow a little wiggle room for indulging. Although, I may be doing a refined dietary plan closer to Christmas break. But, that will take some planning & until then, no promises!
I want to hear your December GOALS!!
& on this Saturday night, I will be staying in watching Netflix and drinking a banana/pumpkin spice/ milk & ice smoothie. Because, I have a HUGE sweet tooth & I don’t keep sweets in the house (for this very reason).